Sample Pricing Options*
flat fees wherever possible | contingent fees in applicable cases
* our prices vary based on a number of factors, such as complexity, how busy we are, etc. This page just provides examples so you can get a sense of what our typical fees are.
We handle sensitive and complex tax and legal matters which require special care and attention. If you have a routine and uncomplicated tax or tax-related matter or a “quick tax question,” please contact our sister accounting firm (click here).
IRS Audits & Appeals
- Response to IRS CP2000 Notice – $2,500 and up (depending on complexity).
- IRS Audits – billed hourly at $300.
- IRS Appeals / Penalty Abatement / Whistleblower Claims – billed hourly at $300 but, in some cases, contingent fees may be possible based on tax saved (example – IRS balance is reduced from $70,000 to $30,000 – a $40,000 savings). Contingent fee is generally 1/3rd of the amount saved, though may be negotiable if amount is over $60,000.
- FOIA Requests – $750.
State Audits & Appeals
- Sales & Use Tax Audits and Appeals – billed hourly at $300.
- Texas Voluntary Disclosures – $1,000 – $1,500.
- Texas Open Records Requests – $500.
- Texas Unclaimed Property Claims – billed hourly at $300 but, in some cases, contingent fees may be possible based on the amount recovered.
Federal and State Tax Litigation
- Tax Litigation – billed hourly at $300, custom budgets can be established for cases.
IRS & State Tax Debts
- Phase 1 IRS Records Check and Consultation – $750.
- IRS Revenue Officer Assistance / IRS Lien Withdrawal / Subordination / IRS Lien Release / IRS Bank Levy Release – $1,000-$3,000.
- Offer in Compromise, Installment Agreement, Currently Not Collectible – $1,000 to $10,000.
- Innocent Spouse – $1,000 to $2,500.
- State Tax Collections – $1,000 to $5,000.
[Generally, our clients’ tax returns are abnormally complex. Less complex returns can be referred to our sister accounting firm (click here).]
- Individual Tax Returns – single returns ($1,000 – few outstanding issues, $1,500 – requires Schedule E / Schedule C / audit compliance).
- Business & Trust Tax Returns – $1,000 and up.
- Gift Tax Returns – $750 and up
- Estate Tax Returns – billed hourly at $300.
- Non-Filers – ‘clean-up’ cases:
- Investigation of tax history, obtaining IRS transcripts, detailed client memo ($500 to $1,000).
- AVERAGE FEES – the average non-filer case is about $750 per unfiled year. Higher rates for net operating loss issues / complex cases. Fees are a-la-carte and the client is free to select some but not all services listed.
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosures – $5,000 for straightforward cases (including preparation, pre-filing research & post-filing representation).
- International Tax Business & Estate Planning – billed hourly at $300.
- Tax Opinion Letters / Private Letter Rulings – billed hourly at $300 (note, the IRS’s filing fees for most private letter rulings has increased dramatically).
- Business Structure/Tax Opportunity Review – billed hourly at $300 or flat fees may be available depending on issue.
- Multi-State Sales Tax Analysis – billed hourly at $300 or $1,000 and up (depending on number of states).
- Research Tax Credits – fixed fee, hourly cap up to 25% of the tax benefit.
- Self-Directed IRA Structuring / Advice – billed hourly at $300.
- Solo 401(k) Plan / Rollover Business 401(k) Plan – $3,000 and up.
- Employee Benefits Policy or Plan Implementation – variable fixed fees or billed hourly at $300.
Free Help With Tax & Legal Matters
- If you have limited means and a tax or legal problem, you may qualify for free legal help from a number of organizations. We encourage you to contact these organizations for assistance.
- For tax matters, if you are low-income, you may qualify for free help at a local low-income tax clinic. You can find links to them on the Austin Bar Association website (click here).
- For legal matters, if you are in the Austin metro area, you may qualify for free legal assistance through UT Austin Student Clinic (click here).