T R A N S P A R E N T F E E S, N O S U R P R I S E S
flat fees wherever possible | contingent fees in applicable cases
We handle sensitive and complex tax and legal matters which require special care and attention. If you have a routine and uncomplicated tax or tax-related matter or a “quick tax question,” please contact our sister accounting firm (click here).
IRS Audits & Appeals
- Response to IRS CP2000 Notice – $2,500 and up (depending on complexity).
- IRS Audits – billed hourly at $300.
- IRS Appeals / Penalty Abatement / Whistleblower Claims – billed hourly at $300 but, in some cases, contingent fees may be possible based on tax saved (example – IRS balance is reduced from $70,000 to $30,000 – a $40,000 savings). Contingent fee is generally 1/3rd of the amount saved, though may be negotiable if amount is over $60,000.
- FOIA Requests – $750.
State Audits & Appeals
- Sales & Use Tax Audits and Appeals – billed hourly at $300.
- Texas Voluntary Disclosures – $1,000 – $1,500.
- Texas Open Records Requests – $500.
- Texas Unclaimed Property Claims – billed hourly at $300 but, in some cases, contingent fees may be possible based on amount recovered.
Federal and State Tax Litigation
- Tax Litigation – billed hourly at $300, custom budgets can be established for cases.
IRS & State Tax Debts
- Phase 1 IRS Records Check and Consultation – $750.
- IRS Revenue Officer Assistance / IRS Lien Withdrawal / Subordination / IRS Lien Release / IRS Bank Levy Release – $1,000-$3,000.
- Offer in Compromise, Installment Agreement, Currently Not Collectible – $1,000 to $10,000.
- Innocent Spouse – $1,000 to $2,500.
- State Tax Collections – $1,000 to $5,000.
[Generally, our clients’ tax returns are abnormally complex. Less complex returns can be referred to our sister accounting firm (click here).]
- Individual Tax Returns – single returns ($1,000 – few outstanding issues, $1,500 – requires Schedule E / Schedule C / audit compliance).
- Business & Trust Tax Returns – $1,000 and up.
- Gift Tax Returns – $750 and up
- Estate Tax Returns – billed hourly at $300.
- Non-Filers – ‘clean-up’ cases:
- Investigation of tax history, obtaining IRS transcripts, detailed client memo ($500 to $1,000).
- AVERAGE FEES – the average non-filer case is about $750 per unfiled year. Higher rates for net operating loss issues / complex cases. Fees are a-la-carte and client is free to select some but not all services listed.
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosures – $5,000 for straightforward cases (including preparation, pre-filing research & post-filing representation).
- International Tax Business & Estate Planning – billed hourly at $300.
- Tax Opinion Letters / Private Letter Rulings – billed hourly at $300 (note, the IRS’s filing fees for most private letter rulings has increased dramatically).
- Business Structure/Tax Opportunity Review – billed hourly at $300 or flat fees may be available depending on issue.
- Multi-State Sales Tax Analysis – billed hourly at $300 or $1,000 and up (depending on number of states).
- Research Tax Credits – fixed fee, hourly cap up to 25% of the tax benefit.
- Self-Directed IRA Structuring / Advice – billed hourly at $300.
- Solo 401(k) Plan / Rollover Business 401(k) Plan – $3,000 and up.
- Employee Benefits Policy or Plan Implementation – variable fixed fees or billed hourly at $300.
Free Help With Tax & Legal Matters
- If you have limited means and a tax or legal problem, you may qualify for free legal help from a number of organizations. We encourage you to contact these organizations for assistance.
- For tax matters, if you are low income, you may qualify for free help at a local low income tax clinic (click here) or you may also qualify to have your tax returns prepared for free by your local Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) center (click here).
- For legal matters, if you are in the Austin-metro area, you may qualify for free legal assistance through Austin Volunteer Lawyers (click here).